Benefits Of Accessory Dwelling Units
Building a complete turnkey ADU to build real estate wealth.
Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) are called many different names: granny flats, in-law units, backyard cottages, secondary units, and more. ADUs are an innovative, affordable, effective option for adding much-needed (potentially income-producing) housing throughout California. HCD is the state’s leader on local ADU ordinances, which — while optional — have grown exponentially in number as more cities, counties, and homeowners become interested in ADUs as one solution to increasing the supply of affordable housing.
Benefits of Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs)?
- ADUs are an affordable type of home to construct in California because of the building location, on existing homeowners lot.
- ADUs can provide a source of residual income for homeowners by monthly or seasonal means.
- ADUs are built with cost-effective wood, steel, and modular construction, which is cost-effective and can contain all utilities.
- ADUs can provide as much living space as many newly-built apartments and are well suited for seniors, couples, small families, and young people.
- ADUs provide homeowners the flexibility to share independent living areas with family members and others, allowing seniors to age in place as they require more care.
Benefits of ADUs?
- New laws effective January 1, 2020
- The Legislature further updated ADU and JADU law effective January 1, 2020 to clarify and improve various provisions in order to promote the development of ADUs and junior accessory dwelling units (JADUs). These include allowing ADUs and JADUs to be built concurrently with a single-family dwelling, opening areas where ADUs can be created to include all zoning districts that allow single-family and multifamily uses, modifying fees from utilities such as special districts and water corporations, limited exemptions or reductions in impact fees, and reduced parking requirements.
Our Most Popular ADU Floor Plan for 2021
3 Bedroom | 2 Bath
Vertical Build starting from